Table of Contents
Getting started with Discord Hypesquad
Discord is a communication app for gamers that lets you easily voice chat, share photos and videos, and join channels with your friends. It’s free and secure, making it the perfect platform for gaming communities of all sizes. It is the latest in a long line of voice chat apps for gamers, but it’s also the first to offer a comprehensive set of features for free. Unlike its predecessors, Discord is completely free to use and offers a server browser, voice and video messaging, and a rich set of customization options. Discord also differentiates itself by being more secure and stable than other voice chat apps. It uses an encrypted server connection to ensure that your data is always safe. And because it’s built on the same infrastructure as Slack, Discord is able to offer a rock-solid voice and video platform. It also offers its members of the Discord community to be selected to rep the service online, and at events around the world, the Hypesquad.
What is Discord Hypesquad?
The Hypesquad are, as stated, members of the Discord community selected to rep the service online, and at events around the world. Hypesquad members are considered as ambassadors for Discord.
It is an exclusive Discord group for people that are extra enthusiastic about the 250 million user application. You go through a brief "test to see how hyped you are," according to Discord. Be aware that not everyone who applies is accepted. Therefore, if you don't succeed, it's the end of the line for you.
There are 3 houses, and 3 tiers namely: Bravery, Brilliance and Balance.
"The universe needs people to lead the charge with confident optimism and tenacity. Without the brave, the HypeSquad would descend into chaos."
"It takes patience and discipline to become a vital member of the universe. Without brilliance, the Hypesquad would descend into chaos."
"Harmony and poise are necessary to create equilibrium in the universe. Without Balance, the Hypesquad would descend into chaos."
1. Online Tier
You can be online members but just attending five questions ask when joining the hypesquad. Then you can particpatie in any event or share the hype meetings and events on your social media pages.
- Be a part of either Bravery, Brilliance, or Balance houses.
- Respective Hypesquad house badge for your Discord profile.
- Hypesquad email updates.
- Competitions and merch giveaways.
- House challenges.
2. Event Attendee Tier
Now you can be event attendee where you can raise the event and enjoy chatting ,meeting and make competitions or events with other interested peoples.
- Access to an exclusive Hypesquad Events server.
- Hypesquad Events badge.
- Hypesquad T-shirt, stickers, and pins (link recieved in acceptance email).
- Meet and hangout with Discord staff at events.
3. Event Coordinator Tier
If you’re on top of your game and are in charge of getting a whole offline LAN, convention, or other video game-related event, we’d love to send out some swag! Remember that this must be an offline event and not on Discord or other online sites. If you apply for Event Coordinator, you can get these sweet perks:
- Quarterly swag box for distributing at events.
- VIP perks for your offline LAN, Convention or event server
- An awesome package for your event
- An additional Events badge
- Access to our HypeSquad Event Server
How can I join the Hypesquad?
Step 1. Open your Discord app.
Open your Discord application or Discord web app.
Step 2. Go to User Settings
Click on User Settings on the lower left side of your app.
Step 3. Look for Hypesquad tab
Scroll down and above the logout button, you can see "Hypesquad" tab. Click on it.
Step 4. Join the Hypesquad!
You will be redirected on the Hypesquad tab. Click on "Join Hypesquad"
Step 5. Take the Test
You will then be asked to answer five (5) questions. After answering these five questions, you will be assigned to a House.
Step 6. You have been chosen
After completing the questions, you will be prompted on what squad you're assigned to. After finishing the questions, I am assigned to Brilliance house.
Can I change houses?
Yes, you can! Hypesquad gives you the choice to take the test again if you think you belong to another house. Here's how to do it.
Step 1. Go to Hypesquad
As stated above, you can go to User Settings > Hypesquad to check on what house you are in.
Step 2. Click on “Take the test again”
By clicking on "Take the test again", you will be asked to answer the five (5) questions again to determine which house you're moving to.
(Note: Changing of house is not guaranteed, you might be assigned to the same house by answering the test again)
Step 3. Five questions
You will be prompted by the questions, you will have to answer these.
Note that these questions are randomly given and might or might not be the same questions asked for the first time
What are the perks of joining Hypesquad?
- Super Secret Newsletters: Discord often sends secret newsletters to Hypesquad members for events, contents, giveaways and many more.
- Hype Profile Badge: Get a unique profile badge to rep the Hypesquad House you're sorted into. Get an exclusive HypeSquad badge for your profile and make all your friends jelly.
- Squad Challenges: Get a chance to rep your house and participate in challenges against other Hypesquaad houses.
- Hypesquad Shirt: Get a shirt by helping Discord on events. You'll receive a HypeSquad t-shirt for your torso parts.
- Secret Server: Event-related members gain access to the super secret HypeSquad Events Server.
- Event Swag: If you are running events of your own, Discord's Hypesquad will supply you with a big ol' box of goodies.
You should join the Hypesquad! It's free and it will be more fun to hang out with friends across the globe with its "house" theme. There are many benefits and no drawbacks to becoming a member of the HypeSquad. You'll have the opportunity to take part in competitions, win prizes, and make a ton of new friends. In life, networking is crucial, and Discord is no exception. So feel free to take the hype exam, visit the HypeSquad link, and participate in the fun!
Important note: Discord has paused its Hypesquad membership program to sort some things out. You can still get to be assigned to a Hypesquad house by answering the questions.
If you have more questions, you can check out the official website of Hypesquad.